Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Berry Smoothie Bowl
Is it a smoothie? Is it a cereal? It’s both; a smoothie served in a bowl that you eat with a spoon. With delicious fruit, grain and seed toppings. For a thicker texture, soak the chia in water for at least an hour, or overnight.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 serves
For the smoothie:
- 150mL water
- 6 scoops Glucerna
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 4 strawberries
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek style (thick, strained) yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- (plus 1/3 cup water if soaking chia first)
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 4 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons bran cereal (eg flakes)
- 2 teaspoon shredded coconut
- Blend smoothie ingredients. Pour into a bowl.
- Arrange fruits, cereal and coconut on top.
- Try any fresh or frozen berries, such as raspberries or mixed berries.
- There are no rules when arranging toppings on smoothie bowls – do it however you like.
- Swap the bran cereal for your favourite cereal, or use puffed grains such as wheat, corn, quinoa or amaranth.
Nutrition content per serve:
Energy: 1275kJ (304 cal)
Saturated fat: 3g